Making the transition from Newport Beach to Rancho Mission Viejo may seem like a big move. But, according to Esencia’s newest residents, Jane and Mark Di Rocco, that shift has given them more of everything they wanted:
“My husband and I both grew up there, and my parents lived in Newport for well over 25 years. It’s certainly beautiful, but Esencia is just special. Our friends are anxious to come visit so they can experience all the new amenities for themselves. Many of them don’t have anything close to what we have here.”
Veranda for the Win.
The Di Roccos—including Oliva (4) and Vincent (1 month)—moved into Veranda by MBK Homes in June, and they’re already convinced they picked the best neighborhood.“We love to swim and spend time outside, so the proximity to Esencia’s amenities is key for our family. At Veranda, everything is so close by. I can walk across the way to Esencia Green or up to The Hilltop Club. Not to mention, someday my daughter will be able to ride her bike to the new K-8 school when it opens. We really made a good choice.”Esencia Green features an expansive lawn with a covered pavilion, seating areas and a stage for holiday and community events. The Hilltop Club is Rancho Mission Viejo’s newest amenity and is already the social heart of Esencia. Homeowners can enjoy a resort-style clubhouse with indoor-outdoor fitness and group exercise spaces, swimming pool and spa, bar with lounge seating, BBQ pavilion, bocce ball courts, game arcade, firepits, and a large lawn for community events, celebrations and gatherings. For Mark and Jane, these are all just a short walk away.In addition to its central location, home shoppers are drawn to Veranda for its stunning collection of farmhouse interpretive townhomes.Veranda’s floorplans range from 1,681 to 2,254 square feet, and they feature hilltop settings, privatized yards, and large rooftop decks with views that are more than Pinterest-worthy.“I think anyone would like living here, but if you’re someone with kids under 5, this is the perfect neighborhood and home for you. It’s just the right amount of space,” said Jane.
Made for MBK Homes.
For the Di Roccos, the home shopping process was simple. Plan Three’s three-bedroom-design provided them just enough room for their growing family, but was not too big where they didn’t feel connected.
Here’s what else was on their must-have list:
- An open floorplan – Jane loves that she’s able to cook in the kitchen and can still see the kids playing, whether they are in the living room or out in the garage.
- Privacy with proximity – Their master bedroom is on the opposite side of the home from the kids’ rooms. The master still feels like a grand retreat, but with the door open, the kids don’t feel far away.
- Laundry room upstairs – There is no lugging laundry baskets up and down the stairs, so household chores are just that much more efficient.
- Great amenities – At Esencia, the Di Roccos have amenities in spades, and most are within close walking distance. See the full list of amenities here.
What they didn’t even know they wanted, but really love about MBK:
- High ceilings – The high ceilings upstairs and downstairs make the home feel even larger.
- Big garage – Those high ceilings can also be found in the 2-car garage, which leaves ample space for future storage.
- Amenities over an expansive yard – Having a smaller outdoor area to maintain is a bonus for the Di Roccos, who feel the whole community is part of their extended yard.
- Onsite Design Center – Jane was surprised at how nice it was to have the Design Center right by the sales office instead of having to go offsite.
What were they most surprised by? They love their attached home.“It’s funny. We could have purchased a detached home, but we really felt Veranda was right for us. We honestly don’t even feel like we’re in an attached home. Even though we have some shared walls, those shared walls are in the laundry room, or behind the kitchen or closet,” explained Jane. “It’s a very smart design and you never hear your neighbors.”
Not Your Ordinary Neighbors.
From day one, the Di Roccos said they have been most impressed with how happy the people at Rancho Mission Viejo are. “Everyone is so friendly. From the second we moved in, our neighbors have been very open to doing things together as a community. Everyone seems truly excited to live here, which is nice.”
Interestingly enough, two of those sets of neighbors just happen to be members of Jane’s family: her parents and her cousin.
Jane’s parents live just across the street at Canopy, which they said is a blessing when they need help with the kids. And, Jane’s cousin—and real estate agent—Andrew, has also become a Veranda resident. He fell in love with MBK while touring the model homes, and just moved into Plan One this month.
It truly is a family affair. At the end of the day, they love that everyone is less than a 3-minute stroll from one another. That means more time with family and sharing a life built around connection and community.
Want to come out to experience Veranda for yourself? Get driving directions here: bit.ly/2bEJSkZ
Curious about how Jane’s parents are enjoying their new home at Esencia? Visit our blog regularly to read their experience and others as we continue to feature people who are choosing to call Esencia “home”.