Innovation. Dynamic learning. Technology.
These disciplines are the focus of academic instruction at Esencia School, our new, state-of-the-art public school.
- Part of the acclaimed Capistrano Unified School District, Esencia School is now open for instruction for kindergarten to fifth grade students.
- Walking or biking distance from every neighborhood.
- Will ultimately serve students kindergarten to eighth grade residing in the villages of Sendero and Esencia.
- The 14-acre campus has been designed with cutting edge features including a modular Innovation Center to replace the traditional library.
- Technologically advanced classrooms to create a more dynamic learning experience.
- According to Principal Josh Wellikson, “Innovation isn’t just technology. You can be innovative with a pencil and paper. You just have to have an environment that fosters creativity. Esencia School is designed to do just that.”
- Principal Josh Wellikson’s philosophy on education is “kids before curriculum. It’s important to know kids by name and by need. We build the school as a family, and that caring and connecting is non-negotiable on campus.”
- Campus driveway and parking area have been designed to easily accommodate student morning drop-offs and afternoon pick-ups.
- Students will enjoy school-time access to The Pavilion, an expansive recreational area highlighted by a fully equipped gymnasium with regulation-sized basketball courts and stadium seating for 300.
- Adjacent to The Pavilion are adjoining athletic fields for softball and soccer use.
- Current students can attend Las Flores Elementary and Middle School, along with academically acclaimed Tesoro High School just minutes away.
For more information about Esencia School, visit www.esencia-capousd-ca.schoolloop.com.